Thursday, October 3, 2013

Selected Reading Material: Accidents - A Fire (Advanced)

I remember back when I was still teaching, my pupils always frowned when they had to write a composition about a fire. There was very little varied vocabulary in which they could use.

Many used words like 'big fire' (translated from Mandarin), 'fierce', 'spread wildly', 'uncontrollable'.

My latest addition to the Selected Reading Material is a short story about a man risking his life to guard his home from a bush fire. It was inspired by a beautifully written article I had read in the Reader's Digest many years ago. 

This short story is targeted at advanced and aspiring writers. 
I am still researching on this area and hopefully I can put up another resource related to 'fire' soon. 

You can find the article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment