Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Video Resources (2): A Train (MRT / Subway) Breakdown


As I was preparing 'Selected Reading Material 3: A Train (MRT / Subway) Breakdown', I realized that most of us will have absolutely no idea what it was like to be trapped in the MRT carriages. So after browsing through many videos, I finally found one that has been properly edited and does not contain inappropriate language or is from a questionable source.

The only catch is that it is in Chinese but has good subtitles (Use 'Full-Screen' to see subtitles clearly). Do pause appropriately to catch the subtitles if necessary. However, do be take note that the video is meant as a visual stimulant to help writers visualize the content they can use for their composition. 




(Source, Frontline 《SMRT Worst Breakdown》with Subtitle 前线 《地铁大瘫痪》Pt1/2 - 23Dec2011, 154media, Youtube)

What to look out for:
1) Winding queues for the shuttle buses. taxis outside the train stations
2) Footage of situation in the train carriages
3) Footage of commuters walking in the underground tunnels to the nearest stations
4) Feelings of the commuters interviewed
5) What the authorities planned to do to prevent similar incidents from occurring again

This post supplements 'Selected Reading Material 3: A Train (MRT / Subway) Breakdown'.

1 comment:

  1. I am a P5 student and I think the video clip of the SMRT train breakdown is very interesting and good. I think if my teacher's assignment is similar/related to the video clip, I will be able to write a good EL Compo.

    ReplyDelete